Sunday, January 27

A Beautiful Day for a Hike...

One of the biggest parts of cub scouts is getting hiking miles. Every month there is an organized "pack" hike, as well as a hike that your den organizes. When you hit 50 miles, you get to choose a pretty sweet hiking stick. Well, Mac and Nate are a ways off from achieving this goal. We're not the best at prioritizing them. However, the boys are now eager to get a hiking stick...so we'll be going on more hikes. :) The boys and I hiked at Gateway park up the Poudre Canyon today. It was a beautiful day.

066-2
We hiked up to Seaman Reservoir. Here's the kids that made the hike in Pack 90.

Photobucket
There's my handsome fellas! They got their cub scout jackets for Christmas. Patches they've earned our sewn on the back.

Photobucket
We went on a trail afterwards to a "scenic view". It was a bit sketch and the boys were way ahead of me. I had to take some deep breaths!

Photobucket
We made it down though...and I think Nate was happy about it. :)

After we got back to town, we hit TCBY for some frozen yogurt. It was a great afternoon! I'm loving the warm weather, although I could use one more dumping. We'll see if we get it!

No comments: